2019 — 05-07
LAKE ZOAR AUTHORITY
P.O. Box 931
Southbury, CT 06488
The regular meeting of the Lake Zoar Authority was held Tuesday, May 7, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. at the Southbury Town Hall, 501 Main Street, Southbury, CT 06488
Commissioners Present: Absent:
Gary Fillion, Chairman Jeffrey Thomas
Bob Mouchantat, Treasurer Dick Speer
Ed Kusinski, Vice Chairman/Secretary
Gary Fillion, Chairman, called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.
A motion to accept the minutes as read from the April 2, 2019 meeting was made by Bill May, seconded by Frank Cavallo; the motion was passed unanimously.
- Six public attendees were present.
- A large branch or tree was reported as being lodged in the ground in the area near Eichler’s Cove.
Correspondence and News Clippings:
The April 2019 Candlewood Lake Authority meeting minutes were distributed.
Bob Mouchantat, Treasurer, presented account balances. A motion to accept the Treasures Report was made by Mark Saksa, seconded by Bill May; the motion was passed unanimously.
Marine Patrol Report:
- The buoy line restricting access in front of the Stevenson Dam is to be installed May 8th.
- The possibility of adding a third boat driver was discussed.
- The Safety Patrol Guidelines and Patrol Schedule were distributed.
Publicity/ Public Awareness:
- Suggestions were made to add dates and locations for upcoming local Boaters Safety Courses to the website.
- Printed maps of Lake Zoar were distributed to the Commissioners for distribution to the public.
- Gary Fillion, Chairman, indicated First Light has replaced the warning sign restricting access below the Shepaug Dam.
- The warning buoys have been installed on the lake for the upcoming boating season.
- Permit applications for the annual chemical weed treatment have been submitted.
Boats and Motors Report:
- The boats are currently being commissioned for seasonal use and will be in the water very soon depending on weather conditions.
- Patrols will begin in May.
- The possibility of adding LED strobe lights to the boats was discussed. Further assessments will be made once the boats are in the water.
Coast Guard Auxiliary Report:
No report was available.
Gary Fillion, Chairman, confirmed a grant application for $15,000.00 was submitted to First Light.
The Lake Zoar Slalom Club submitted a Course Permit Application to be signed. The permit application will allow them to renew the current permit held for the slalom waterski buoys that are already in place. A motion to accept and sign the application was made by Bob Mouchantat, seconded by Bill May; the motion was passed unanimously.
A motion to adjourn was made by Frank Cavallo, seconded by Ed Kusinski; the motion was passed unanimously. Gary Fillion, Chairman, adjourned the meeting at 7:42 pm
Ed Kusinski – Vice Chairman / Secretary
The minutes are not considered official until approved at the next regular meeting of the Lake Zoar Authority to be held on Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 7:00 pm at the Monroe Town Hall, 7 Fan Hill Road, Monroe, CT 06468
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.